Monday, March 22, 2010

March 8. 2010.

Eric was in my dream. He picked me up in his van and we were driving down a dark dark gravel road.

I was kind of snuggled into his shoulder and thinking about how weird it was that we were together again. Hoping that things wouldn't be strange between us and that it was nice to forgive and be able to take comfort from this person that had been such a dick. Then he kind of leaned back and started slowly unhooking his belt and I realized that nothing had changed, he was still a total asshole and all he wanted was sex. I don't remember the sequence after that, but suddenly I was on the side of the road and Eric was driving away in the van, it was dark. I was in the middle of nowhere. I think he told me that he would come back for me, but I knew he wouldn't. I saw car lights coming down the road. Something told me that they were dangerous and not to be trusted. I threw myself into the thick, prickly bushes that lined the gravel road side. I burrowed back as far as I could hoping that I would be out of sight. The lights stopped in front of my hideout. I tried to stop breathing and held entirely still. Footsteps moved around the side of the van. Three young black men emerged from the darkness. They were obviously looking for something. Suddenly I became aware of two other people, also hidden in the bushes. The men drew guns and fired 3 shots. The two people fell, slumped over into the brush. The third shot hit the ground at my feet and I held back a scream. The shooters lingered for a moment and ran back to their vehicle and sped away. I was absolutely terrified and didn't know what to do. More lights approached, but this time from a different direction. A van full of homeless people, all dressed oddly stopped just a few feet away and beckoned for me to come over. I got up, feeling somehow secure that they wouldn't hurt me. They told me that they were on their way to Tennessee to go antiquing. They asked me to come along. There were so many strange characters in the van, it reminded me of the film MicMacs, the one I saw with Chris. Somehow in my dream, a second van full of equally eccentric people was asking me along on their trip as well. Except I think they were going to thrift stores in Alabama. While I was deciding who to go along with, and trying to figure out how to do both, Jaime texted me and it woke me up. What a weird dream.

While we were in Prague I had a dream that I was arguing with a man in Czech. I dreamed that I was Czech and could speak the language, I've never been able to speak another language in a dream before.

No comments:

Post a Comment