Monday, March 22, 2010

January 4. 2010. Chicago.

I can't precisely remember how it began, but I was going to prom with some girlfriends and we were going with guys who were 2 years older than us. They were Lewis's age...and Lewis's friends actually. We were excited to be going out with them, since they were older. There was a big storm. Monsoon, and tidal wave type storm. I don't know how this was possible in Blacksburg, but it happened. Someone's mother had built a huge ship for prom to take place in, because she knew about the storm coming. The ship filled with choppy, fast moving black water. Everyone was frantic. Somehow we got out of the ship and made it back to my parents house. I was with Shannon and Dominique. They had brought some younger guys with us back to the house and were leaving again to go and buy beer for them so that they would stay and hang out with us. I felt indifferent to the younger guys and suddenly I was with a baby. He was blonde and had blue eyes and was probably a year old or so. I think he was my baby. My dream mom was suddenly at the house with me and the baby, the boys had left and so had Shannon and Dominique.

This is the weirdest part of the dream and it makes me pretty uncomfortable, Dream mom and I started making out in the kitchen. The baby was on the floor watching and began to cry. So we scooped the baby up and went upstairs to my room. I realized at that moment how weird it was for me and my mom to be making out. I got creeped out and woke up.

But I went back to sleep and kept dreaming and somehow I ended up in a studio with Tom Condon and another photo student. Maybe it was Mark Walthauser? Well, Tom started showing me his most recent work and it was so different than what he'd been doing in the past. He had made these plastic and rubber covers for things...one went over a toilet....It all made more sense while i was dreaming it, but now that I'm awake I can't put the pieces together....He had a lot of imagery with unicorns and people with horns which i remember loving and i told him about the Unicorn Manor. I told Tom that i was back in Richmond for one final exam, but when he asked, I couldn't remember where I spent the night or how i had gotten there. My favorite image he showed me was a drawing with 5 or 6 women in Roman looking robes flaunting pbr and other stuff, with unicorn horns and they replaced the figures of mt. rushmore. and then in the left corner there was a unicorn man fighting a centaur. In my dream, it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment